Robbins pathologic basis of Diseases 10ed
The tenth edition (2020) of Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, the world’s most widely used text book of Pathology, has just been published. Dr Vinay Kumar, Professor of Pathology, started as the editor/author of this book in its 3rd edition thus completing eight editions as the editor. He assumed the role of senior editor in the year 2000. In addition to Dr Kumar, several faculty members of the pathology department have contributed book chapters.
- Dr Aliya Husain, Professor of Pathology, continues to author the chapter on Diseases of Lung. With this edition, Dr Husain has taken over the chapter on Pediatric diseases along with our former resident and fellow, Dr Selene Koo (now at Columbus Ohio).
- Dr Mark Lingen, Professor of Pathology, is a continuing author of the chapter on Diseases of Head and Neck. He is joined in this edition by Dr Nicole Cipriani, Associate Professor of Pathology.
- Dr Anthony Chang, Professor of Pathology, joined the book as author of the chapter on Diseases of the Kidney in the previous edition.
- Dr Peter Pytel, Professor of Pathology, joined as co-author of the chapter on Diseases of Peripheral Nerves and Muscles in the 9th edition.
- Dr Jerry Turner, Professor of Pathology at Harvard Medical School, started as author of the Diseases of the Gastrointestinal tract while he was still at Chicago. In this edition he has taken the additional responsibility of being an Associate Editor.
- New to this edition are Dr Scott Oakes, Professor of Pathology, who has joined as co-author of the chapter on Cell Injury.
- Dr Karen Frank (former Associate Professor of Pathology at Chicago) and currently at NIH, is co-author on the chapter on Infectious Diseases.
Collectively, the current and past faculty members of this department have made great contributions to pathology education nationally and internationally.